Friday, October 17, 2014

Hunting the Green Menace (Steiermark Campaign)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaggggghhhh!!! (Art by Skirill)

Tomorrow, I'm playing my first game of a mini-campaign in the Battle for Steiermark. The event, hosted by G3 Santa Cruz, is really impressive in its depth and detail. The story is focused on an Ork invasion of the planet, and the Imperial response to purge the xenos threat. The setting allows for one off games, mini campaigns, and large apocalypse battles (and showcases some really beautiful models and terrain). The Steiermark campaign has played out over a couple years at various locations, and I am looking forward to adding to the narrative. It really shows how much background adds to the game, and has really got my creative juices going.


I plan on using the campaign as an opportunity to grow my new Yell Hounds (Blood Angels) army, and to use my newly painted Vindicare Assassin. This is going to be a really great opportunity for me to stretch my gaming, painting, and storytelling muscles. Keep on the lookout for a battle report in the near future.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment