Monday, October 27, 2014

Corsair Radio's Six Word Story Contest



Six word stories are a fun exercise in creative writing. It doesn't carry the same weight as a couple paragraphs, but the constraints force you to think carefully about what words you use. The Warhammer Universe is so vast and so detailed it can be overwhelming to write fluff that feels authentic. But, six word stories can ease the barrier to entry, and possibly inspire you to write more! So, I tried my hand at a couple.

Beautiful planet, until the 'Nids came.

Grav-chutes are busted, prepare for landing.

Those drunk Space Wolves saved us!

Pretty fun, huh? Finding the right words is hard, but I feel like each of these tells it's own story. Because it was so much fun, I thought I would turn it into a contest. 


The rules are simple; just comment on this post with your very own grimdark inspired six word story. On November 7th, I will pick the top three and put them up to a vote. The story with the most votes by November 21st will receive eternal internet fame and the Blood Angels Quick Reads Collection from Black Library. That's it! I'm looking forward to reading some of these short, short stories.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment