Tuesday, January 20, 2015

30k... It's Haappennnniiinngg!!!

There is no going back now. The siren's song has grabbed hold of me. I've made my resin bed, and now I need to buy a sand warmer. After some serious deliberation, I have made my first big (probably half a Carl) Forge World order. I have fifteen suits of MK VI "Corvus" power armor headed across the pond to start my Raven Guard army!

Corvus by Nicholas R. Giacondino

A couple things sold me on the Raven Guard. They have a great background story, a cool primarch, and the flexibility to transitions pretty smoothly about 10,000 years between both systems. But, the biggest selling point was their play style. I've always enjoyed running stealthy, low model count forces. With the Raven Guard Legion rules and the Rites of War: Pride of the Legion rites I can have the infiltrating veteran space marine army I've always wanted. I'm starting out small (500 pts), with a pretty solid core. From here, I can add pretty much anything. Here's my starting list:

Raven Guard 500 pts

Praetor
Pair of Lightning Claws (Ravens Talons), Cameoline
Rites of War: Pride of the Legion

Veteran Tactical Squad x7
Sergeant (combi-weapon), melta gun

Veteran Tactical Squad x7
Sergeant (combi-weapon), melta gun

I'm very new to 30k, so let me know what you think of this list. In the meantime, I'll be hiding in the bushes outside my house waiting for UPS and reading Deliverance Lost



Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment