Saturday, August 23, 2014

Inquisitor Josep Arador and the Fell Hounds (the beginnings of my Ordo Chronos army)

I love old citadel models. Something about them has always caught my eye. Especially with the prevalence of digital modeling, the hand-sculpted details and character really stands out in the modern 40k scene. Normally, when I am planning out a new army, I will start with one model. Something that represents the narrative I have created, and a show piece that will make my force unique. Enter the Ordo Chronos:

Inquisitor Verhoeven (from sho3box.worpress.com)

I came across this guy searching Ordo Chronos on Google. He is beautifully painted by the author of sho3box, a great blog with some incredible minis. After I saw this mini, I realized that he would make a perfect Ordo Chronos Inquisitor. Dated enough to look ancient next to newer models, but still tough and exotic. A temporal badass. After a couple searches on eBay, I came across this:

The future Inquisitor Josep Arador
Gorgeous, right! A nice bid and he was mine for about $10 after shipping. I am really excited about this guy, and looking forward to building on the Ordo Chronos theme. Here is a little teaser of things to come:
Inquisitor Joseph Arador is a mysterious figure. Born on Tirnan, a world trapped in a perpetual storm know as "The Tempest", he was discovered by Imperial Black Ships at the age of ten. He quickly gained the attention of the Ordo Chronos, and began training with the Guardians of History at the age of fifteen. A brash man, he was known for being the loudest of the otherwise shadowy Ordo. While he served the Emperor with all his ability, it was whispered that the darkness of what he had seen was beginning to taint the Inquisitor. When the Ordo Chronos dissapeared, he fell into the shadows and returned to his homeworld. After some time he resurfaced with the Fell Hounds, his personal Space Marine warband. Their purpose and actions remain a mystery.

Until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment