Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Eldar Corsairs List for Celesticon (or, how to fail at tournaments without really trying)

This Monday I will be headed to Celesticon in Fremont for the Deamon Skull 40K Tournament, where I am expecting to be thoroughly roflstomped into submission. Beatings aside, I am really looking forward to this event. It will be my first big tournament in what feels like forever, and my army is only one unit away from being done. I'll post the sexy pictures later, but for now I would love some feedback on the lists I have been mulling over.

From Traveling the Immaterium

The Story
Loki Starborn (Illic Nightspear rules) and his Corsairs are known for their skill in covert operations. When they aren't killing dignitaries and wrecking havoc on Imperial shipping lines, they can be found on the deathworld of Tirnan in the Segmentum Obscurus. Trapped in an eternal storm, known as "The Tempest", the conditions are excellent for special operations training. If you can hit something from two clicks away in driving rain, you can hit anything. Their base, hidden in one of the planet's massive pine forests, is known throughout Rogue Trader circles as the best sniper academy in the sector. It is even whispered by some that Loki has a training contract with the Vindicare Clade. Lies and rumors, according to the Inquisitors.

Loki and his warband will often work with the craftworlds on various missions (for a price, of course). Farseers have saved the lives of countless would-be guardians thanks to the deadly skill of these corsairs. This instance is no different. They will fight, and kill anything that stands in the way of them and their prize.

The List
Both have a very special forces feel to them (only 31 and 27 models in each list). I am going to be depending a lot on cover and target priority. I already know that some lists are gonna rock the crap out of my scissors. But, I feel like if I play well I can at least keep games close and pull out a win or two. I have used Loki and the Pathfinders (great band name, by the way) with some success. The key will be good deployment and some lucky dice.

List One
Loki Starborn (Illic Nightspear)
Farseer

Pathfinders x6
Pathfinders x6

Wraithguard x5

Crimson Hunter
- Exarch
Warp Spiders x5
- Exarch (Power Blades/Dual Death Spinner)

Dark Reapers x5
- Starshot Missiles
Wraithknight
- Suncannon/Shimmershield, Scatter Laser

Total 1500 pts (31 models)

List Two
Loki Starborn (Illic Nightspear)
Farseer

Pathfinders x6
Pathfinders x6

Wraithguard x5

Crimson Hunter

Dark Reapers x5
- Starshot Missiles
Wraithlord
- EML
Wraithknight
- Suncannon/Shimmershield, Scatter Laser

Total 1500 pts (27 models)

Let me know which one you like more. 

Until next time!

2 comments: