Friday, May 29, 2015

The Raven Guard Hit Warzone Giza!!


Tomorrow is the first day of Endgame's Ghoul Stars campaign, and I am SO EXCITED!!! Being a Gamer Dad means most of my hobby time is spent either painting or writing, so getting to play two narrative games in the same day is something I really look forward to. As you all know, I've been working on my Raven Guard 30k/40k list for some time now, and I'll be able to put about 1300 points of painted Sons of Corax on the table tomorrow. I am just finishing up a Stormraven (pics later, I promise), and all that is left is a squad of Terminators and a Chaplain. This is pretty close to the list I'll be taking to the BAO this July. I think for that I am going to add some Centurion Devestators (if I can get my grubby hands on them). Anyway, tomorrow we'll be fighting over Warzone Giza. Here's my list:


Ghoul Stars Strike Force
Led by Kanir Krios, The White Raven
 
Krios, The White Raven 180  
- Chapter Master (130)
- Relic Blade (25)
- Artificer Armor (20)
- Melta Bombs (5)

Chaplain 100
- Digital Weapons

Tactical Marines x9 161
- Vet Srgt w/ Power Fist
- Melta Gun

Tactical Marines x10 215
- Vet Srgt w/ Power Fist
- Melta Gun, Missile Launcher
- Rhino w/ Dozer Blade

Venerable Dread 150
- TL Lascannon

Venerable Dread 175
- Drop Pod w/ Deathstorm Missile Launcher

Terminators 220
- Assault Cannon

Devestator Squad x5 140
- Srgt w/ Combi-Melta
- Missile Launcher x4

Stormraven Gunship 236
- TL Multi-Melta
- TL Assault Cannon
- Side-Sponson Hurricane Bolters
- Searchlight
- Extra Armor

Total 1577 (Not including 20pts for some campaign benefits Krios has)

I really like this list. Krios has the Master of Ambush warlord trait, so I have a lot of flexibility in how I deploy this force. I'll be using the Raptors Chapter Tactics from Forge World, so I am really looking to shoot first and ask questions later. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of running Krios, the Chaplain, and the nine man unit of Tactical Marines in the Stormraven. They can help grab objectives late game, and should be able to dish out some decent damage in close combat. As always, expect a battle report sometime next week. If you want to follow the action live (because who wouldn't) make sure to like Corsair Radio on Facebook, as I'll be posting pictures from the event.

Hope you all have a great weekend full of friends and 6s. Until next time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment