Friday, May 22, 2015

The Raven Guard are BAO Bound!!!


Good news everyone! After missing out on the first go around, I was able to buy a ticket for the 40k event at the Bay Area Open this year. Big shout out to the 1s Happen Facebook group for making dreams come true. I'll be bringing my Raven Guard, but I am still bouncing around list ideas. With rumors of the new codex coming out soon, I'm wondering how many D weapons I'll get to play with. My outside bet is that grav weapons get some type of "D" ability. Or, they just give all marines +1 wound for an additional 10pts per model. No, too fluffy.


Non-40k related, but I just finished listening to Dan Carlin's Blueprint for Armageddon (link to the first episode here). It masterfully tells the story of World War I using the voices of the people in the trenches, and really drives home how horrible that war was. I highly recommend you check it out on your commute or during your hobby time. It is especially relevant with Memorial Day coming up this weekend. Make sure to say thanks to any members of the Armed Services you see over the weekend. American history is full of brave men and women who gave their lives so that I can sit in my living room with my wife and kids reading about Orks and Chaos Gods. Thank you for your service.

As for this weekend, I'll be brewing a double IPA thanks to my kick-ass brother-in-law. He writes about all things homebrewing over at Brulosophy. I'm still thinking of a name for the beer, so let me know your suggestions. So far, the frontrunner is Russ's Piss IPA. Anyway, roll high and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment